3. A manager wishes to determine the relationship between the number of miles (in hundreds of miles) the manager's sales representatives travel per month and the amount of sales (in thousands of dollars) per month. Find the equation of the regression line for the given data.
4. A medical researcher wishes to try three different techniques to lower blood pressure of patients with high blood pressure. The subjects are randomly selected and assigned to one of three groups. Group 1 is given medication, Group 2 is given an exercise program, and Group 3 is assigned a diet program. At the end of six weeks, each subject's blood pressure is recorded. Find the critical value F0 to test the claim that there is no difference among the means. Use ? = 0.05.
5. Four different types of fertilizers are used on raspberry plants. The number of raspberries on each randomly selected plant is given below. Find the critical value F0 to test the claim that the type of fertilizer makes no difference in the mean number of raspberries per plant. ? = 0.01.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 4:47 am ad1c9bdddf
The solution provides step by step method for the calculation of regression analysis and ANOVA. Formula for the calculation and Interpretations of the results are also included.
Confidence levels, regression analysis, and ANOVA: 3 problems
See attached file.
2. A random sample of 10 examination papers in a course, which was given on a pass or fail basis, showed the following scores.
Create a 95% confidence interval for the population with a mean of 75 and Standard Deviation of the population of 10.
A. Does this mean fall within that interval, what does that mean?
B. Using the critical value approach, do a hypothesis test to see if these scores are realistic compared to the population
3. A regression analysis between a dependent variable (Y) and an independent variable (X) was performed and part of the Excel results is shown below.
Answer the following questions based on the above information and use a 95% confidence.
a. Is the regression model significant at 95% confidence? Why or why not. Fully explain.
b. Is X significant? Why or why not. Fully explain.
c. Compute the value of R-square.
d. Determine the multiple R.
e. Compute the standard error.
f. What has been the sample size for this problem?
4. A computer manufacturer has developed a regression model relating Sales (Y in $10,000) with four independent variables. The four independent variables are Price (in dollars), Competitor's Price (in dollars), Advertising (in $1000) and Type of computer produced (Type = 0 if desktop, Type = 1 if laptop). Part of the regression results are shown below.
a. What has been the sample size?
b. Determine the coefficient of determination.
c. Compute the test statistic t for each of the four independent variables.
d. Determine the p-values for the four variables.
e. At 95% confidence, which variables are significant? Explain how you arrived at your conclusion.
f. At 95% confidence, test to see if the regression model is significant.
Use Excel for these 3 practice problems.View Full Posting Details