Can you please check the answers to some math problems below, and provide step-by-step instructions for solving the ones that are incorrect?
1. Each row of a display contains 4 vases. The display contains 24 vases altogether. How many rows of vases are in the display? 24/4=6 vases.
2. Marco has 8 red T-shirts and ¼ as many blue T-shirts. How many blue T-shirts does Marco have? 8/4=2
3. A board game is shaped like a square array and is made up of 36 squares. How many rows and how many columns are in the array? 4 rows and 9 columns
4. In a middle school fifth-grade class, there are 5 girls to every 4 boys. Altogether, the class has 27 students. How many boys are in the class? 15
5. At a figure skating performance, 1/3 of the skaters completed a triple jump. If 18 skaters performed, how many skaters did not complete a triple jump? 3/18=6
6. Yoshi ran the same number of laps every day except Friday, when he ran 12 laps. How many laps did he run on Wednesday? 4.5
7. A gift wrapping department has 4 colors of ribbon, 2 kinds of bows, and 7 kinds of wrapping paper. How many different gift wrap styles are possible? 6X7=42© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 5:47 am ad1c9bdddf
I've included my comments besides problems 2 and 4-7, for those need some changes.
2. Marco has 8 red T-shirts and ¼ as many blue T-shirts. How many blue T-shirts does Marco have? (8/(1/4)=32 since red T shirts are only ¼ of the blue T shirts
4. In a middle school fifth-grade class, there are ...
The solution assists with answering the proportions and ratios problems.