Please help me plan a powerpoint presentation with comprehensive speaker's notes.
2. How has mathematics influenced electronics?
3. Mathemathicians who influenced technology: Charles Babbage and Gottfried Leibniz
a. Mathematician time period
b. Their contribution that affected their society and the modern society .
c. Mathematician historical background.
d. Their contributions to technology
4. Specific examples on how mathematical development affect society.
See attached file for solution.
- In 35000 BC, the first bones were counted and there were earliest documented counting and measuring system in Africa ad Sumeria.
- In 2700 BC, the earliest fully developed base 10 number system is in used in Egypt
- Ancient Egyptian used mathematics like algebra, arithmetic and geometry as far back as 3000 BC.
- In 1800—1600 BC the Babylonian invented clay tablets dealing with fractions, algebra, and equations. Chinease mathematics developed around 11th century BC and included concepts related to negative numbers, decimals, algebra and geometry. (3)
- In 1200 BC, the Chinese invented the first decimal numeration system
- In 300 BC, the Greek mathematics developed around the 7th century BC with the help of great mathematician like Pythogorean, Euclid, and Archimedes. (3)
- The Hindu Arabic numeral system began developing in the 1st century with full system being established around the 9th century forming basis of numerical digits 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 that we use today. (3)
- Since then, mathematical developments increased rapidly around the time of the Italian Renaissance in the 16th century and continued through scientific revolution. The basic arithmetic operations used in mathematics are addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. ( 3)
- Today, mathematics has advanced considerably and contribute greatly to the electronic and computing power of modern computers. ...
The influences of mathematics on electronics are examined.