1. Find the distance d (p1,p2) between the points p1 and p2
2. Find the midpoint of the line segment joining the points p1 and p2
midpoint is __________
3. List the intercepts and test for symmetry
4. Find the intercepts and use them to graph the equation y=x-6
5. Find an equation for the line with the given properties. Express the equation in slope intercept form. Containing the points P=(-2,1) and Q=(-1,-1)
What is the equation of the line?
1. d(p1,p2)= sqrt((5+2)^2+(6-4)^2)=sqrt(53)
2. midpoint is ((4-1)/2,(3+4)/2)=(1.5,3.5)
3. since ...
The solution gives detailed steps on calculating the distance between two given poins, finding the mitpoint of the given line segment and testing the symmetry for given functions. Also, the procedure for finding slope and intercept for given line equation is also explained. Finally, the step to determine the line equation in standard form using two given points is also shown in details.