Can I have help with this problem.
Given the points A(10,3) and B(-4,-4).
1. Plot these points on a piece of graph paper.
2. Draw the line AB that passes through these points.
3. What is the value of the slope?
4. What is the equation of the line AB in slope-intercept form? (y = mx + b)
5. What is the value of the x-intercept?
6. What is the value of the y-intercept?
7. Do the values you obtained in (3), (5), and (6) match your graph? (yes or no)
8. Let the point C have the coordinates (6,6). Plot point C on your graph.
9. What is the equation of the line in slope-intercept form which is parallel to line AB and passes through point C?
10. Draw this line on your graph. Does it look parallel to line AB? (yes or no)
11. What is the equation of the line in slope-intercept form which is perpendicular to line AB and which passes through point C?
12. Draw this line on your graph. Does it look perpendicular to line AB? (yes or no)
13. What are the coordinates of the point of intersection of line AB and the perpendicular line you calculated in (11)? Calculate the coordinates analytically.
14. Do your calculated coordinates match the coordinates of the intersection point on your graph? (yes or no)
The expert plots points on a piece of graph paper.