Problems in math 209.
1. Solve for x.
2(x - 5) = 6x - 26
2.Solve the inequality for u.
14 < -4 - 2u
y = -3x + 3
5. Find the values of x and y that solve the following system of equations:
-8x + 5y = 24
6x - 7y = 8
Write your answer without parentheses.
8. rewrite the following without an exponent.
9. Rewrite the following without an exponent.
Write your answer without using negative exponents
11. Write 1,477,000 in scientific notation
(-3 * 10^-2)^4
Write your answer in scientific notation
13. Perform the following multiplications.
Simplify your answer as much as possible.
(x + 3)(x - 1)
Simplify your answer
15. Rewrite without parentheses and simplify.
(6t + 6)^2
Please see the attachment.
Solve for .
That is, 2x - 10 = 6x - 26
That is, 4x = 16
Therefore, x = 16/4 = 4
2.Solve the inequality for .
That is, 18 < -2u
That is, 9 < -u
That is, -9 > u
Or u < -9
3. A total of tickets were sold for the school play. There were more student tickets sold than adult tickets. How many adult tickets were sold?
Let x be the number of adult tickets sold. Then the number of student tickets sold ...
The solution provides step by step method for the simplification of algebraic expressions and solving equations. Detailed workings are also included.