(See attached file for full problem description)
Please add a bit more detail to each problem as to how the answers were derived. Thanks!
1. Perform the indicated operation: (x3 - 2x2 - 4x + 3)  (x - 3)
Since x3 - 2x2 - 4x + 3 = (x - 3) ( ), we have
(x3 - 2x2 - 4x + 3)  (x - 3) =
2. Find the product: (x - 2)(x + 3)(x - 4)
(x - 2)(x + 3)(x - 4) =
3. Simplify without having negative exponents: (- 3s-3t2)-2
4. Convert to scientific notation and then solve. Give answer in scientific notation: (0.0000003)4
5. Factor completely: 3a3b - 3ab3
3a3b - 3ab3
6. Factor completely: ax - 2a - 5x + 10
ax - 2a - 5x + 10= (ax - 2a) -( 5x - 10)=a(x-2)-5(x-2)=(a-5)(x-2)
7. Solve: (2x - 1)(3x + 5) = 5
(2x - 1)(3x + 5) = 5>
So, x=5/6 or x=-2
8. The sum of two numbers is 4, and their product is -32. Write the complete solution (no guessing or trial by error) and find the numbers.
So, we have
or x=8 y=-4.
So, two numbers are -4 and 8.
9. Perform the indicated operation and write the answer in lowest terms:
10. Perform the indicated operation and write the answer in lowest terms:
Multiply by 2x(x-1), we have
So, x=2 or x=3
13. For a certain time period the ratio of the dollar value of exports to the dollar value of imports for the United States were 2 to 3. If the value of exports during that time period was 48 billion dollars, then what was the value of imports?
Solution. I Assume that the value of imports was x dollars. Then I have
So, the value of imports was 72 billion dollars
17. Find all real or imaginary solutions:
18. Solve by using the quadratic formula: 2x2 + 5x - 3 = 0
So, x=1/2 or x=-3
19. Solve by using the quadratic formula: 2x2 + 5x - 3 = 0
So, x=1/2 or x=-3
(See attached file for full problem description)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 16, 2018, 5:11 pm ad1c9bdddf
Need assistance on summarizing systems of linear equations and sets/counting.
As a business owner there are many decisions that you need to make on a daily basis, such as ensuring you reach the highest production levels possible with your company's products. Your company produces two models of bicycles:
Part I: using this scenario, solving by using each technique,of Graphing, Substitution, Elimination and Matrix solution
Model A and Model B. Model A takes 2 hours to assemble, where Model B takes 3 hours to assemble.
Model A costs $25 to make per bike where Model B costs $30 to make per bike.
If your company has a total of 34 hours and $350 available per day for these two models, how many of each model can be made in a day?
Solve the equations for model A and model B,Explain how to check solution for each of these equations.
Part II: Universal sets have many applications in the real world.
Explain what the differences between permutations and combinations.
Give a real-world example of how permutations and combinations can be used.
Explain what your numeric result means in context of the real-world application.
Follow up with explaining how these systems of linear equations or algebra sets would be most applicable in personal or professional real-world situations.Give specific example.View Full Posting Details