1. A square plywood platform has a perimeter which is 9 times the length of a side, decreased by 15. Find the length of a side.
2. One side of a rectangle is 12 inches and the other side is x inches. What values of x will make the perimeter at most 44?
3. The equation y = 0.004x - 0.40 can be used to determine the approximate profit, y in dollars, of producing x items. How many items must be produced so the profit will be at least $1402?
3x^4 + 4x^3 + 7
- (x^4 - 2x^3 - x^2 - 9x)
5. Simplify the expression, and identify the constants, coefficients, and variables in the simplified expression.
(8w^4 - 6wz + 6wz^2) - (2w^4 + 7wz - 2wz^2)
6. Simplify the expression, and identify the constants, coefficients, and variables in the simplified expression.
3x - y - 5(8x - 3y + 5z)
This solution is comprised of detailed explanation and step-by-step calculation of the given problem and provides students with a clear perspective of the underlying concepts.