1. A rectangular garden has dimensions of 18 feet by 13 feet. A gravel path of equal width is to be built around the garden. How wide can the path be if there is enough gravel for 516 square feet.
2. A business invests $10,000 in a saving account for two years. At the beginning of the second year, and additional $3500 is invested. At the end of the second year, the account balance is $15,569.75. What was the annual interest rate?
3. Steve traveled 200 miles at a certain speed. Had he gone 10mph faster, the trip would have taken 1 hour less. Find the speed of his vehicle.
4. The Hudson River flows at a rate of 3 miles per hour. A patrol boat travels 60 miles upriver, and returns in a total time of 9 hours. What is the speen of the boat in still water?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com February 24, 2021, 2:34 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Suppose the width is x feet,
516 = 2*(18+13)*x + 4*(pi*x*x/4)
(Total area)=(Area along rectangular ...
Word problems are solved. The solution was given a rating of "5" by the student who originally posted the question.