1. Explain three rules for exponents listed in the chart on page 239. Do not explain the first two definitions listed in the table (Exponent of 1 or 0). Create an expression to solve that uses scientific notation and at least one of the rules for exponents you have described.
2. How is dividing a polynomial by a binomial similar to or different from the long division we learned in elementary school? Can understanding how to do one kind of division help you with understanding the other kind? What are some examples from real life in which you might use polynomial division. ...
[See the attached questions file.]© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 11:26 pm ad1c9bdddf
Very neat, step-wise solutions / explanations are provided.
Basic Algebra: Polynomial, Exponent and Percentage
See attachment and please show your work.
(7x^3 - 6x^2 + 8x) + (6x^3 + 8x^2 -13)
2. Subtract. (2v^5 + 7v) - (-8v^5 - 6v + 7)
3. Subtract. (8x^4 + 4x^3 - 1) - (9 x^2 - 3x + 8)
4. Find the hole using the percent equation.
35 patients is 50% of what number of patients?
5. Use the product rule to simplify the expression. (-4x^6)(4x^6)
6. Simplify (3x^2y^2z)^2* (x^3y)^4
7. Find the product of the monomial and the polynomial -5y(4y + 7)
8. Find the product (3x - 4)(x^2-2x + 1)
9. Use the FOIL method to find the product (w + 4)(w-2)
10. Sharon needs 64-credits to graduate from her community college. So far she has earned 56 credits. What percent of the required credits does she have?
11. Multiply. (2t^2 - t - 9)(2t^2 + 2t - 1)
12. Square the binomial (3x - 7)^2
13. Find the value of the expression. 41 + 21 /3 * 3
14. Evaluate the expression. 4^(-2)
15. Simplify the expression. (7^2)^2
16. Use the exponent rule to simplify the expression. (m^4n)^-3/m^-7n^6
17. Simplify the expression and tell whether the statement is true or false.
7 * 5 + 7 * 7 >=0
18. Divide. 64y^6 / 8y^2
19. Divide and check
20. Write the word statement in symbols. Six is less than ten minus one.
21. Convert the number to scientific notation. 1,554,000,000
22. Convert the number to scientific notation. 0.0000000006
23. Multiply and write the answer without exponents
24. Multiply (5a +4d)(5a - 4d).