21) Use synthetic division to find: f(?2)
22) For the function f(x) = ?x3 + 8x2 ? 40
Show how to use synthetic division to find out if -1 is a zero.
23) One of the zeros of the function f(x) = ? 7x2 + 17x ?15 is 2-i. Find all the other zeros.
24) Use the intermediate value theorem to show that f(x) = 3x2 ? x ? 4 has a real zero between
1 and 2
25) For the function: f(x)=
a) give the equation of any vertical, horizontal, or oblique asymptotes.
b) find the x-intercept(s) 25)aL.
c) find the y-intercept(s)
d) carefullysketchthegraph b)
26) Carefully sketch the graph of f(x)= 26)
27) Suppose p varies directly as z and inversely as m2 and r2.
Ifp= whenz 1, m 2,andr 3, findpwhenz 3,m 1,and r 8.
Synthetic Division, Intermediate Value Theorem and Asymptotes are investigated.