1) Use the synthetic division to find: f(-2)
f(x)= 2x^2 - 3x^2 + 7x - 12
2) For the function f(x) = -x^3 + 8x^2 - 40
Show how to use synthetic division to find out if -1 is a zero.
3) One of the zeros of the function f(x) = x^3 - 7x^2 + 17x - 15 is 2-i. Find all the other zeros
4) Use the intermediate value theorem to show that f(x0 = 3x^2-x-4 has a real zero between 1 and 2.
5) For the function f(x):= (2x+1)/(x^2-4)
a) give the equation of any vertical, horizontal, or oblique asymptotes.
b) find the x-intercept(s)
c) find the y-intercepts
d) carefully sketch the graph
26) carefully sketch the graph of f(x)= (4x^2-1)/(x+1)
27) Suppose p varies directly as z and inversely as m^2 and r^2.
If p = 5/3 when z=1, m=2, and r=3, find p when z =3 and r=8
This Solution contains calculations to aid you in understanding the Solution to these questions.