(19) Using the formula s(t) = ?16t2 + v0t + s0 write the equation for the height of a rock
propelled directly upward from the ground with an initial velocity of 60 feet per second.
20) What is the maximum height reached by the rock in problem 19, and how many seconds does it take for the rock to reach that height?
21) Use synthetic division to decide if -2 is a zero of the function:
f(x) = 2x4 -t-9x2 ?16x+12 21) _____________
22) If f(x)=?x3 +4x2 +63
a) Use the remainder theorem and synthetic division to find f(3).
b) Find f(3) by substituting x 3 into the polynomial
23) Find all zeros and their multiplicities for f(x)=(x+1)2(x2 _42 ÷4)
24) One of the zeros of the function f(x) = ? 7x2 +17x ?15 is 2-i. Find all the other zeros.
25) Find a polynomial of degree 3 with real coefficients that has zeros 2, -3 and 5, and for which f(3)6
Quadratic Equations, Synthetic Division, Maximum and Minimum CVlaues and Multiplicities of Roots are investigated. The solution is detailed and well presented.