You are part of a team made up of the warden and assistant wardens of a medium to large close-security prison. You know inmates tend to riot or have sit-ins over the subject of food and medical care. You have been receiving information from your correctional officers that the inmates are starting to complain about the food. The chicken is not thoroughly cooked, the food is bland, and several inmates who have dietary restrictions are having problems with the kitchen staff. You want to stop things before they escalate into a full-blown problem. You are to consider this problem from the perspective of 3 management styles and give a solution to the problem in each style.
Utilizing an authoritarian style of management in this situation, the warden would simply direct that the kitchen supervisors ensure that all of the food is thoroughly cooked, and that they will be reprimanded for any additional food issues. The inmates will be notified of the warden's directives and response to the food ...
This solution discusses the benefits of utilizing different management styles in correctional facilities.
Leadership Style Assessment
1. Analyze the leadership style(s) of a senior executive (CEO, CFO, COO, Director, etc.) in your current or previous organization who made a positive or negative impact on you.
2. Analyze the organizational structure and culture of the company for which you work (or would like to work) to determine its approach to team development, and whether that approach helped to enhance your relationship skills in the workplace.
3. Evaluate the performance of your selected leader based on his or her ethical conduct and effective communication to determine if this leader was successful in motivating and empowering you to improve on your work performance. Explain your answer.
4. Determine three (3) best practices organizational leaders can use to motivate employees and discuss their potential benefits.
5. Discuss some of the challenges leaders encounter when managing diversity and how diversity helps business organizations better compete in global markets.
6. Develop an effective business strategy to address the challenges and issues you have identified above.