Considering the General Motors' lawsuit case, please help me answer the following:
1. Describe General Motors (GM) and the product safety issue that led to the lawsuit.
2. Discuss the legal theories used by the plaintiff to recover in this lawsuit, how the lawsuit was resolved, and why you agree with the decision in the case.
3. Describe the changes that have taken place in GM to ensure greater safety of this product or its products.
4. Discuss which regulatory agency oversees the particular industry that GM is in.
5. Make recommendations to GM about avoiding future lawsuits.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com June 18, 2018, 10:56 am ad1c9bdddf
1. The product safety lawsuit was predicated upon at least 10 million General Motors trucks with defective side-saddle fuel tank design. The problem was a frame-mounted fuel tank mounted outside the frame rails, susceptible to leakage from the tank upon side impacts that led to many explosions (Lieffcabraser, 2012).
2. A class action lawsuit with numerous state class actions was brought against GM and subsequently consolidated into a multi-district litigation (MDL) in the Federal District Court in Philadelphia with a separate class action in the state of Texas. ...
This solution discusses multi-district litigation (MDL) in the Federal District Court in Philadelphia with a separate class action in the state of Texas over deaths, injuries, and personal expenses emanating from faulty fuel tanks on GM sold trucks.