Local competition is by definition often better adjusted to and better adapted to local conditions. International competition on the other hand may often have vastly superior & greater resources and also often new ideas and experience in trying to bring them into reality. So both have their strong and weak points though they most often differ ...
In 235 words, this solution discusses local competition and international competition in relation to healthcare, and their strengths and weaknesses.
Example Management Questions
1. Agree or disagree with the following statement - the U.S. has a competitive disadvantage in competing in global markets. Explain and support your answer.
2. Which do you think are the next two "hot" international markets for U.S. investment? Justify your answer with economic data.
3. Compare and contrast Sony, LG, and Samsung as international conglomerates competing in similar markets - what are their international competitive strategies (surf the net and check out their web sites).
4. What external environmental factors seem to be driving the international marketplace?
5. What influence do you believe shareholders have over a company's board of directors?
5b.What is the reality of stockholders power impact on a firm's strategy/ strategic management?
6. What is an appropriate compensation package for a CEO? 3. What relationship do you see between a company's board of directors and the development of the business strategy?
7. Do you believe that a company's board of directors can change the ethical standards in a business? How can they do it?
8. Would you like to serve on a company's board of directors? What do you think that you could accomplish? What do you believe would be fair compensation to you for your contribution and personal liability?
9. How does agency theory relate when discussing CEO compensation and strategic behavior? How are they linked?View Full Posting Details