You have been asked to present a diabetes workshop at your local community center. How will a community assessment aid in the development of this workshop? Support your answer.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 8:57 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see response attached, which is also presented below.
1. You have been asked to present a diabetes workshop at your local community center. How will a community assessment aid in the development of this workshop? Support your answer.
The community assessment will provide information on several education and training levels. For example, the diabetes assessment tool might include the demographics of the community in relation to diabetes (e.g., type of diabetes, age, onset, other health issues related to diabetes e.g., obesity, to name a few). It also provides information about the overall need for education in the community, the type of information, the type of learning, as well as the time and the place of the training or workshop. It provides information about the type of learning goals and training needs of the community, as well. In other words, the workshop content will be aligned with the needs of the community.
Let's look at the following illustrative example for further understanding.
Illustrative Example: Pilot study of Community Assessment for Diabetes
Health Staff Education about Diabetes
One of the Project objectives was to identify the education and training needed by community-based health care staff to provide improved services for persons with diabetes and their families. The knowledge and skills of health care staff clearly increased during the Project and this had a positive impact on their personal and professional practices.
A common need identified in all pilot communities was increased diabetes education for all levels of community based health staff. The needs assessment package included one self-assessment tool for use by Registered Nurses and another for use by all other health staff members. In their self-assessment, the health staff identified most of the potential learning areas as important for learning. They also identified the need for up-to-date and consistent information to be given to clients.
The pilot team members took advantage of opportunities to access educational programs and workshops on diabetes throughout the Project. Workshops were accessed through the ...
You have been asked to present a diabetes workshop at your local community center. This solution examines how a community assessment will aid in the development of this workshop. Research validated.
Comparasion Diabetes Education Programs
Please read the following questions below, access www.http://pmhwv.org and create the mission, vision, values, and goals.
1. Look at all aspects of PMH's website and get a feel of what they specialized or what services they provide.
2. Read their recent community health needs assessment study based on epidemiological study using quantitative and qualitative data
3. Pick one specialized department that PMH provides to their community and picked the number hospital in the country. For example, pick
cancer or diabetes and review the mission, vision, values and goals of that hospital and compare them to PMH.
4. After the comparison, you must assess and review the study and see what demographics, needs, and assess their Mission, Vision,
Values and Goals and then create one.