What role does the Board of Directors play in health care organizations? How do health care leaders work effectively with their boards?
Interesting questions! I located an excellent source to draw on, which I attached.
Let's take a closer look.
1. What role does the Board of Directors play in health care organizations? How do health care leaders work effectively with their boards?
The role of the Board of Directors in health care organizations includes:
1. Establish mission, vision and strategy in concert with senior leadership.
2. Ensure the fulfillment of the organization's mission.
3. Make sure high-quality care is the top priority of the organization.
4. Provide oversight of senior leadership and the credentialing of medical staff.
5. Help set the tone of the organization by demonstrating commitment to continuous quality improvement (Attributes of a High Performing Culture).
However, every individual must understand how their role impacts the overall performance of an organization and how well they help achieve the organization's objectives. Once they understand what is expected, individuals must be held accountable for their performance in meeting specific performance measures.
If employees have a true understanding ...
This solution explains the role of the Board of Directors in health care organizations and how health care leaders can work effectively with their boards. Supplemented with one highly informative article describing the roles of healthcare worked.