Patient satisfaction is a key factor in managing the quality of care for any medical practice. There are several means by which a healthcare manager might gather patient satisfaction information to help formulate quality care policies. After conducting a survey, the Director of Administration asks you to;
1. Discuss the factors that affect patient care satisfaction.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 9:41 pm ad1c9bdddf
Patient satisfaction is essential in developing and shaping heath care services. To gage the level of patient satisfaction health care workers can send out a questionnaire which will help them understand what the opinions of people are and hopefully will uncover what areas need to be improved etc.
The first thing that you need to do is think about the factors that affect patient care satisfaction. In your opinion what are these? Identify what these are write a brief summary ...
Patient satisfaction is a key factor in managing the quality of care for any medical practice. There are several means by which a healthcare manager might gather patient satisfaction information to help formulate quality care policies.
Improving Hospital Profitability
Hospital surveys and satisfaction ratings.
A reputable hospital has high quality ratings from patient satisfaction surveys but is still losing market share. For many years, health care organizations, as well as traditional businesses, have been frustrated that high customer satisfaction scores do not necessarily lead to higher levels of profitability or sales.
Prepare a report examining this phenomenon that address the following elements:
- Evaluate and explain inconsistency between customer satisfaction scores and profitability and why it tends to exist in health care organizations.
- Apply the statistical procedures discussed in class to support (or refute) the inconsistency.
- Assess price vs. quality of services as well as the impact of insurance or managed care contracts on a hospital's market share, regardless of patient satisfaction levels.
- Explain how you could use high patient satisfaction results to your advantage when negotiating a new managed care contract for the hospital. Discuss ethical issues involved when presenting results.
- Discuss how qualitative and quantitative data can be used to help this hospital improve market share.View Full Posting Details