1. Identify a legislator for your state (Texas) to whom you can address the community/public health problem/concern you have identified.
2. Write a concise letter about the problem/concern inclusive of the following tips:
• Formal letter, with appropriate address for elected officials
• Limit to one page
• Introduce yourself and your background
• Concise overview of the health problem and the issues that concern you
• Clear and compelling rationale for your concern
• State specifically what you want done about it(vote on a pending bill, introduce a bill, support community action, etc.)
• Summary, conclusion
Rep Chris Turner
I am affiliated with the Center to Champion Nursing in America and am writing about my health concerns of Texans. Specifically, I am hoping you will support legislation that protects those in Texas and bordering regions from bioterrorism and highly contagious communicable fatal diseases. The initiative has been staged for transforming the nursing profession, to improve the quality of health care and the way it is delivered. While we don't see an emergent need, preparation for man-made and natural disasters is critical for our future. Specifically, the front line service providers, nurses, need to be adequately prepared. We are aware of the aging population growth along with greater need ...
A sample letter to a Texas legislator on an emergent health issue is discussed.
Government Influence on the Running of Health Facilities - Federal vs. State
How have various branches of the government influence the way we run our health facilities today? Is this primarily a federal or state role?View Full Posting Details