This assignment requires that you develop AND implement a teaching plan. For this lesson, you will submit your plan in accordance with your Logic Model. In the next lesson, you will submit the evaluations and outcomes, based on your implementation of the plan.
Identify a health education topic for which you have objective and subjective data supporting it (Logic Model) as a priority learning need for a group to which you have access. For example, if it is flu season, a health education program on hand hygiene may be a topic of interest for co-workers, friends with children or your family members. Develop your topic using the framework provided below and the information in this lesson.
2. Specific Target Aggregate/Group for the presentation
3. Health Promotion on Health Education Topic? Why this topic?
4. Epidemiological Rationale for Topic (use the Epidemiology Triangle)
5. Identify a Healthy People 2020 Core Indicator related to your topic:
6. Assessment and Readiness for Learning using both emotional and experiential readiness—how will you assess this for the target population?
7. Learning Theory to be utilized and explain how it will be applied. (See information online and in your textbook)
8. Develop your plan in accordance with the format below for a food pyramid educational program. You must have a minimum of three behavioral goals with appropriate content, teaching strategies, and methods.
Behavioral Goals and Domain: Content Teaching Strategies/Methods
Example: The family members will be able to identify the components of the food pyramid by the end of the meal. (cognitive) Example: Food guide pyramid has 5 food groups which are........
Unhealthy foods have lots of sugars or fats, etc... Example: interactive presentation with handout of food pyramid, have the family critique the food served at the meal in accordance with the food pyramid, etc.
9. Design evaluation methods for measuring process and outcomes. Process refers to how the teaching plan went (i.e. on time, organization, environment, etc) and outcomes refers to whether your aggregate learned what you were teaching.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com December 15, 2020, 11:25 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. Topic: Smoking cessation in the American Indian community.
2. Specific Target Aggregate/Group for Presentation: All American Indians within the defined population who use cigarettes.
3. Health Promotion on Health Education Topic/Why This Topic? American Indians have the highest cigarette smoking rates of all major ethnic groups in the United States. The majority of teens who use cigarettes were introduced to them by family members, or in a group setting. It is evident that this population is at high risk for cardiovascular disease due to cigarette use, and needs intervention to promote healthy lifestyles free of tobacco and nicotine. (http://her.oxfordjournals.org/content/15/5/547.short)
4. Epidemiological Rationale for Topic/Epidemiology Triangle: The epidemiology triangle is composed of the agent (what causes the disease), host (organism harboring the disease), and environment (what allows disease transmission). In this case, since cigarette use and its association isn't considered an infectious disease, the epidemiology triangle will look a bit different. Agent: Cigarettes are what cause heart disease in this population, among several other things like cancer. Host: Anyone who smokes cigarettes. Environment: Family and cultural surroundings that support and encourage this negative behavior. Other people may supply the cigarettes or use peer pressure to persuade a young person to start smoking.
5. Identify ...