A summary of the substance abusing high-risk family group, with explanation of the high-risk condition and associated behaviors or patterns.
a summary of a family in a high risk family situation would be complicated:
A father with untreated Bipolar Disorder is using cocaine and marijuana to self medicate. He is verbally and sexually abusive to his children and step wife, and has 2 children, an older girl in her 20s having escaped the house before the she was out of high school, living with a friend. A younger son is in his teens. Because the son still lives at home, he watches the drug use, sees and hears crimes planned, and done. Criminals regularly come to the house. The boy is well clothed and fed, but few friends are invited to the house because of the unstable emotional situations. The dad shoots the son by mistake while high on cocaine. Should a teacher or healthcare worker call child protective services?
These are the topics in this solution.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 6:05 am ad1c9bdddf
Hello, my name is Tory. Thanks for using brainmass.
I went to look at what kinds of scholarly articles might help you solve this question, First I took a look at this abstract:
High rates of co-occurrence between substance abuse and child neglect have been well-documented and especially difficult to treat. As a first step in developing a comprehensive evidence-based treatment for use in this population, the present case examination underscores Family Behavior Therapy (FBT) in the treatment of a mother who evidenced Substance Dependence, child neglect, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Bipolar I Disorder, and domestic violence. Utilizing psychometrically validated self-report inventories and objective urinalysis, treatment was found to result in the cessation of substance use, lower risk of child maltreatment, improved parenting attitudes and practices, and reduced instances ...
This solution deals with the public health problem of substance abuse and how the cycle of addiction might be averted through education and support. A summary of the substance abusing high-risk family groups are discussed, with explanations defining a high-risk condition and associated behaviors or patterns.
I also describe assessment of the substance abusing family, and I use of Orem's nursing theories.
High Risk Family Assessment and Health Promotion Paper
Need to obtain an article or articles on common health problems (morbidity) and mortality data for a specific high-risk family**(Alcohol Abuse is the high-risk group that I chose) type. The article(s) need to include information on common health issues among members/families from this high-risk group.
I also need as much information as possible on the following questions, including links if possible for further research.
Visit the Healthy People 2010 (HP) website to find three to four health promotion and disease prevention objectives applicable to the specific high-risk family group. (I went to this site but did not understand this very well).
1) A summary of the health profile of the specific high-risk family group, with explanation of the high-risk condition and associated behaviors or patterns
2) Describe the components of an assessment of the family type you selected with use of applicable theories.
3) Identify applicable HP 2010 objectives for one of the health problems common to this high-risk group.
4) Describe nursing intervention strategies applicable to this family situation based on health promotion - health belief models, family theory, and analysis of family function that are supported by literature or research. (I currently am using the textbook Family nursing by Friedman, Bowden & Jone
5) Describe the role of the advanced practice nurse as a case manager in this type of nursing situation.View Full Posting Details