Give examples proving that James' The Turn of the Screw possesses two of the following characteristics of American realism:
• Describes reality in comprehensive detail
• Characters are more important than the plot and action
• Complex ethical choices are often the subject of the literature
• Characters are related to nature, to each other, to their social class and to their own past. This relation makes up the complexity of their temperament and motive.
• Class is important (usually describes the middle class)
• Events are usually plausible
• Diction is natural, not heightened or poetic.
Welcome warmly to BrainMass! Please rate 5/5 for my sample ideas. My notes are not assignment or essay ready, merely guides for you to launch your own assignment.
When giving some examples proving that James' The Turn of the Screw possesses two of the following characteristics of American realism, it seems like the complex notion of characters related to each other, to their social class and to their own pasts as a key part of their temperaments and ...
200 words of examples briefly validate how Turn of the Screw employs American Realism.