Scenario: You are a consultant hired to review the instructional staff of Lincoln community college. You have collected data on student surveys regarding the instructors' performance. You have also collected data on the ratio of grades given by each instructor. You have gathered both quantitative and qualitative data. Click here to see the data you collected. Review the data. Divide it into quantitative and qualitative. Provide a report that uses descriptive analysis of both types of data. Make recommendations based on the data collected and include in your recommendations additional data that should be collected in order to have a clearer picture of the instructional staff.
Quantitative data is identified properly
Qualitative data is identified properly
Descriptive statistics of quantitative data are used properly and described properly
Description of trends identified in Qualitative data
Qualitative and quantitative data is identified, defined, and used to evaluate various instructors.
1. Provided the choice of utilizing qualitative and quantitative data sources for an evaluation, how do you determine which to use? Explain your choice.
2. What considerations must an evaluator keep in mind when developing recommendations and conclusions for a written evaluation report?
3. Assume you are a program evaluator. How do you gather information on the program? What strategies might you utilize to distribute the results of your evaluation?
4. Provided your experience, how regularly do you think organizations engage in program or project evaluation? Why do you think this is the case?
5. Reflect on the two following definitions of evaluation and determine which evaluation definition you subscribe to and why:
- â??Evaluation is the systematic process of collecting and analyzing data in order to determine whether and to what degree objectives have been or are being achievedâ? (Boulmetis & Dutwin, 2005, p. 4).
- â??Evaluation is the systematic process of collecting and analyzing data in order to make a decisionâ? (Boulmetis & Dutwin, 2005, p. 4).
Follow the models of evaluation of The ABCs of Program Evaluation. Explain the choice.
APA standards.View Full Posting Details