Chapter 6 discusses one procedure for problem solving called the RERUN process. Invent a scenario in which the RERUN method could be used to support the needs of children and parents. Include all five components of the RERUN process as listed in your text.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 4:35 am ad1c9bdddf
I worked as a middle school teacher for 20 years in a school that was majority culture of poverty, which is indeed a different culture, with its own set of problems and its own set of rules. As educators working with families that lived in the culture of povery, we used RERUN to solve problems all of the time. I will go through a scenario explaining what we did at each step.
It's a matter of working through a problem-solving procedure. One procedure for problem solving is called RERUN: the letters stand for reflect, explain, reason, understand, and negotiate.
* Reflect. This is the action of acknowledging what you perceive the other person is thinking or feeling. If you understand where the person is coming from, say, "I think you're looking at it this way...." Or if you perceive that the person is full of emotion, acknowledge your perception: "You really sound upset." Those two openers are invitations for the person to talk some more. People who know that their feelings and thoughts are received and accepted by you are likely to be more open to listening-if not right away, eventually. Reflect also includes self-reflection. If you can get in touch with your own feelings you may gain insights about why you have the perspective you have. Strong feelings may indicate something left over from your childhood that is keeping you from being rational about this conflict.
* When students consistently got extrememly poor grade reports and had extremely poor behavior problems in the classroom, we would begin the RERUN process by calling a meeting. And, sometimes the parents would iniate a meeting. Many times, the parents were angry, either at us (the teachers) or at their child (or a foster child.) Feelings were always strong at these initial meetings, no matter what the feelings were, whether it be anger, disappointment, hurt feelings, sadness, denial, exhaustion, or even despair. When the tension was extrememly high like this in a meeting, one of the teachers in the meeting would say, "I see that you are disappointed with Marcus." or " It seems that Marcus's behavior is causing you to be upset." Or, one of us would say, " I am sorry to have to call you into this meeting today. You sound like you are very upset." Parents needed to know we were listening and observing them with compassion. These meeting were always filled with strong emotion, and this was a way for parents to feel free to vent out some of that feeling so they could eventually listen. It was also reflective for us as teachers. WE needed to get in touch with our feelings too, so we could focus on solving the problem. It was an ongoing reflective process too, for what worked in one emotion-filled meeting was kept and used again in other meetings. Also, what didn't work might be tried again, but quickly discarded if it didn't solve the problem. Reflection was a part of our teaming process, and was a great ...
I worked as a middle school teacher for 20 years in a school that was majority culture of poverty, which is indeed a different culture, with its own set of problems and its own set of rules. As educators working with families that lived in the culture of povery, we used RERUN to solve problems all of the time. I will go through a scenario explaining what we did at each step. This solution is 1835 words.
Networking, Internetworking, and Security Windows 2003
You are in the role of a consultant. Provide a document fitting for your client. Include all the information that your client will find useful. Be sure to respond to the questions posed directly. But remember, as in any consulting engagement, the client may not have asked all the questions so make sure you consider the entire project. Include any assumptions that you make with regard to this project. Use a report-like format. Do not use a Q&A format. Your document length should be 3-5 pages. As always, double space your document and include your references using proper citation techniques
You have been hired by a large restaurant called Habibi's. Habibi's has a small network of 20 client workstations and a Windows Server 2003. Seven of those workstations are inside the restaurant and are used by the table servers to place customer orders. Three of the workstations are used by the owner and the management staff, and the rest are in the kitchen for the chef's staff.
During Phase One of this project, your job is to set up the Windows Server 2003 and train two of the management staff on its operation.
1. Currently there is only one restaurant location. In the near future, Habibi's will open another branch. Explain how you would work with the current management staff to determine how to set up groups now that will enable them to be ready for the future expansion. What natural groupings can you identify, and how would you implement them in terms of domain local, global, and universal groups?
2. The chef is very temperamental, and one of the guarantees that have been made is that only he will have access to the server folders that will contain his secret recipes. Using some or all of the following tools, explain how you would set up access and security on his folders.
o User rights
3. The table servers need access to two shared folders that will enable them to place orders from any of the seven workstations available to them. Explain how you would set up security on these folders.
4. The two management staff members need training how to set up shared folders will access permissions and share permission security. Develop a set of instructions to help them understand how to set these up.
Describe the GUI and command line utilities that you might use in creating and managing users, assigning them to global groups, assigning the global groups to domain local groups and granting domain local groups permissions, should Habibi's grow to a national chain of restaurants. Try to envision and describe different scenarios where different utilities might be very useful.The deliverable length should be approximately 4-5 paragraphs. The assignment should not be submitted in the form of a Word document.Don't forget to include your references! These references add credibility to your statements and support your statements. Stating information obtained from other sources requires listing the reference. Re-state that information using your own words. Extracted information must be denoted as such using quotes or some other way to give credit to the original authorView Full Posting Details