2. How can I analyze factors that contribute to the persistence of the achievement gaps between male and female learners?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 17, 2018, 10:02 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Develop a gender equity plan for implementation to reduce achievement gaps between male and female learners that include an innovative instructional strategy, program, or project.
The ability for educators to not engage subconsciously in gender bias is crucial in the eradicating of gender bias amongst females and males. Currently throughout the country professors at universities perpetuate the gender bias with a deficiency in female professors' as the literature has shown that girls and female students identify better with educators from their own gender. In addition those students who believe in the stereotypical doctrine promulgated by the media and society regarding males in subjects such as math and science possessing better understanding and abilities to excel play a ...
This solution provides the impetus for schools and universities creatiing a valid and credible gender equity plan that analyzes the gender differences that are evident throughout the educational landscape. Ideas are suggested on how to reduce the achievement gaps currently consistent throughout the educational landscape between males and females with factors that contribute to the persistence of achievment gaps discussed.
The millennium Development Goals are the world's time-bound and quantified targets for addressing extreame poverty in its many dimensions-income poverty, hunger, disease, lack of adequate shelter, and exclusion-while promoting gender equality, education, and environmental sustainability. This goal is addressed specifically for Sub-Saharan Africa where a good proportion of the bottom billion live.
Goal 7 Ensure Environmental Sustainability
Target 9. Integrate the principles of sustainable development into country policies and programs and reverse the loss of environmental resources
25. Proportion of land area covered by forest (FAO)
26. Ratio of area protected to maintain biological diversity to surface area (UNEP-WCMC)
27. Energy use (kg oil equivalent) per $1 GDP (PPP) (IEA, World Bank)
28. Carbon dioxide emissions per capita (UNFCCC, UNSD) and consumption of ozone-depleting CFCs (ODP tons) (UNEP-Ozone Secretariat)
29. Proportion of population using solid fuels (WHO)