1. From society's perspective, what is the primary purpose of education?
3. The text talks about children living in a "world of contradiction," as a result of classism. Explain and give an example.
4. Briefly summarize the 4 stages of attitudes toward people with disabilities, from the pre-Christian era up until today.
5. IDEA requires that children with disabilities be placed in the "least restrictive environment." What does this mean?
7. What influences a child's ability to "come to school ready to learn?"
9. What are the three leadership styles teachers may have?
11. At the beginning of the school year, teachers receive information about each student from previous teachers. How can this information influence a teacher's attitudes and interaction with that child?
12. Give one example of the way teachers interact differently with boys than they do with girls in the classroom.
13. Unlike the United States, most other cultures focus on collectivism. Define it.
14. At what age are children most likely to be most susceptible to the influence of their peers?
15. The text discusses "superhero play." What is said to be one of the reasons why children are attracted to these characters?
16. How does having an opportunity to play with younger children help a socially withdrawn child function better?
17. Studies have shown that preschoolers are most attracted to certain things and less attracted to others. Advertisers use this information to target children with their ads. Give 2 examples of each.
18. What are antivalues?
19. What are two positive benefits of television for children?
20. List 2 concerns about children who have access to home computers.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com September 26, 2018, 6:35 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/education/hearing-sight-impairments/43280
Responds to an questions related to education, psychology and human development, as well as classroom management, IDEA, exceptional students, learning strategies, teaching, peers, antivalues, television viewing impact, zone of proximal learning, pre-Christian era, school readiness, and other educational topics. Supplementary information on some of the topics e.g. primary education and transformational leadership are also included.