Create a chart that identifies the differences between local, state and federal roles in public elementary and secondary education. Identify the sources of finanical support for public schools and the differences between them.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 10, 2019, 1:35 am ad1c9bdddf
Federal, State and Local Roles in Education
Create a chart that identifies the differences between local, state and federal roles in public elementary and secondary education. Identify the sources of financial support for public schools and the differences between them.
Roles / Public Elementary/Secondary Education
- In the history of public education, school districts and school boards were created quite early because in most states schooling was first established and controlled by the local community. Each school district has a school board.
- Some of the more important duties of school boards are:
- Adopt rules and regulations governing teachers and students
- Determine the school budget and set the millage to be levied on assessed valuation of property in the district, which provides most of the local tax monies to fund the schools
- Hire teachers and contract for various ...
A Chart presentation of the similarities and differences between Public Elementary and Secondary Education in the US. It attempts to identify roles of the Federal, state and local roles in education and the sources of education funds.