In 400-500 words, answer these questions. Please do not provide history or any other info about the company that is not related to these questions. Just address the questions.
1. Should Burger King continue, expand, or reduce current operations in order to maximize profits? Explain your reasoning.
2. If the answer is to expand: Should Burger King invest in new plants, equipment, or technologies? Should Burger King consider a merger with another organization? Explain the reasoning and explain global competition implications.
3. If the answer is to reduce: Should Burger King reduce production or shutdown their operations? Explain your reasoning.
Please use (US) internet references and/or articles so I could refer to it.
Thanks,© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 12:26 am ad1c9bdddf
Yes, Burger King should definitely continue and expand its operations in order to maximize profits. In today's recessionary times, it has become imperative for Burger King to look out for new market opportunities by expanding in new and emerging markets across different regions of the world to boost its revenue and profitability. Apart from focusing on its most important market, ie, USA, Burger King should definitely try to step into the shoes of competitors such as Mcdonald's and explore attractive opportunities in countries like India where economy is booming and significant growth opportunities still exists. The entry into newer markets will ensure that Burger King's operations is quite diversified and not relied on any single ...
Should Burger King continue, expand, or reduce current operations in order to maximize profits? Explain your reasoning.
"Burger King Beefs Up Global Operations"
Read the case study "Burger King Beefs Up Global Operations"
Incorporate into your analysis responses to the following questions. You should make sure to incorporate core concepts
from your reading assignment. use the APA format in writing course
papers. Therefore, the APA rules for formatting, quoting, paraphrasing, citing, and listing of sources are to be followed.
1. What is Burger King's core competency? How does it relate to its chosen strategy?
2. How would you explain how Burger King has decided to configure and coordinate its value chain? Which of
Burger King's value chain activities create the most value for the company?
3. Burger King globally expanded later than its main fast food competitor. What advantages and disadvantages has
4. When entering another country, discuss the advantages and disadvantages that an international restaurant
company, specifically Burger King, would have in comparison with a local company in that market.
5. About two-thirds of Burger King's restaurants and revenues are in its Americas region (United States and
Canada) and one-third elsewhere. Should this relationship change? If so, why and how?
6. The case mentions that Burger King prefers to enter countries with large numbers of youth and shopping centers.
Why do you think these conditions would be advantageous?
7. How has Burger King's headquarters location influenced its international expansion? Has this location
strengthened or weakened its global competitive position?
8. As CEO of Burger King, what tools and strategies would you use when deciding on possible future locations for
9. What do the implications of the challenges identified in the case have for Burger King's strategy today and in the