Identify some of the major sources of groundwater contamination. Which ones seem to be the most pervasive? Discuss some ways in which you personally can help limit groundwater contamination.
The sources of ground water contamination are many. Some of the major ones are listed below:
1. Industrial wastes disposal
2. Animal and livestock waste
3. Fertilizers and pesticides from agriculture
4. Leaky landfills
5. Detergents, cleaners, paint etc. from individuals
6. Chemical spills from industries
7. Poorly ...
The solution discusses the major sources of groundwater contamination and the most prevalent amongst these sources. The solution also provides possible measures to contain groundwater contamination.