1. What are the advantages and disadvantages to nuclear power?....
(See Posting 132465 for more details on the question and an alternate Solution.)
Please see the attached file for formatted response and chart.
1. What are the advantages and disadvantages to nuclear power?
2. How would you feel if your township decided they wanted to build one very close to your home?
3. Do other countries utilize more or less nuclear power than the United States? Why?
1. Advantages of nuclear power are as follows:-
a) Nuclear power costs about the same as coal, so it's not expensive to make.
b) Does not produce smoke or carbon dioxide, so it does not contribute to the greenhouse effect or acid rain.
c) Produces huge amounts of energy from small amounts of fuel.
d) Produces small amounts of waste.
e) Nuclear power is reliable
a) Although not much waste is produced, it is very, very dangerous.
b) Disposal of radioactive waste is potential threats for humans. It must be sealed up and buried for many years to allow the radioactivity to die away. ...
There are several advantages of the nuclear energy - low cost, very less pollutant, huge energy and reliability. At the same time it is disadvantageous due to generation of radio-active waste.