* What are two possible solution in detail to a Grass Carp problem (100 words)
* What are two pros and two cons for each possible solution (100 words)
* How those the concept of natural selection and succession factor into the Grass Carp problem (100 words)
* How can a towns reservoir ecosystem be protected from invasive species in the future (100 words)
100 words for each bullet (400 total words for 4 credits)© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 15, 2018, 9:15 am ad1c9bdddf - https://brainmass.com/earth-sciences/energy-and-the-environment/grass-carp-management-601410
Hi and thank you for using Brainmass. The solution below should get you started. In this particular task, you are asking for concise information on 4 questions with regards to grass carp management. I am assuming that this is related to the previous solution I have written for you. As such, I have decided to create a Q&A solution for you like previous and I have listed resources that you can further use to explore the topic. Just let me know via the feedback section if you need further clarification. All the best with your studies.
AE 105878/Xenia Jones
Grass Crap Management Q&A
Q: What are two possible solutions in detail to a Grass Carp Problem?
- There are a number of offered solutions to the grass carp problem. One solution, when using grass carp for aquatic weed management is to limit their numbers and to only use a sterile triploid that has been genetically engineered so that it cannot reproduce. Another solution is to use 'electric fences' as propounded by Maceina, Slipke and Grizzle (1999) exemplified in a grass carp confinement experiment in an embayment on Lake Seminole who write that, "If grass carp could be confined or fenced in certain areas where fish and wildlife values were not a priority, this could provide lake managers with the option of "zoning" parts of lakes for certain uses." Maceina, et. al. (1999) explain the process as follows, "A V-shaped funnel weir (a fence or enclosure set in a waterway to block fish) was constructed across a narrow opening at a bridge on an area of the lake known ...
The solution provides information, assistance and advise in tackling the task (see above) on the topic of grass carp use in aquatic weed control. Resources are listed for further exploration of the topic.