1. Why is the vapor pressure of a compound important in remediation
2. Briefly discuss the obstacles or threats associated with establishing clean up objectives
3. How important is temperature and pH in chemical oxidation and why?
4. What kind(s) of technology is good for removing contamination from deep seated sites in the subsurface with high concentration of contaminants and why?.
5. Compare and contrast ion exchange, pyrolysis, and biosparging. What method(s) can achieve greater than 99% destructive efficiency?
1.Why is the vapor pressure of a compound important in remediation
The vapor pressure of a compound effectively determines the volatility of that contaminant and how easily that pollutant will enter the vapour phase. This makes it easier to determine what type of remediation strategy would be most efficient. If you have a compound with a high vapor pressure, then it if very volatile and can easily be remediated with methods such as soil vapor extraction or those that rely on the contaminant being in the gaseous phase.
2.briefly discuss the obstacles or threats associated with establishing clean up objectives
Clean up objectives are difficult to establish because if it difficult to determine how effective your remediation is going to be. Oftentimes, it is hard to predict how well remediation is going to clean the environment and to what concentrations because of variability between sites. Site specific hydrogeology, water table levels, and medium types can easily change how a remediation technology is going to react. Also, it is very difficult to have clean up objectives that are very conservative and preservative of the environment. There is no miracle solution ...
Why vapor pressure of a compound is important in remediation is determined.
Chemical Treatment Technologies
What is the advantage many chemical treatments have?
What is a common method for removing hexavalent chromium from a liquid waste?
How does Reverse Osmosis differ from osmosis?
What chemical and physical treatments can be used together to reduce a contaminant and give an example?View Full Posting Details