Not what you're looking for?
1. Why is the vapor pressure of a compound important in remediation
2. Briefly discuss the obstacles or threats associated with establishing clean up objectives
3. How important is temperature and pH in chemical oxidation and why?
4. What kind(s) of technology is good for removing contamination from deep seated sites in the subsurface with high concentration of contaminants and why?.
5. Compare and contrast ion exchange, pyrolysis, and biosparging. What method(s) can achieve greater than 99% destructive efficiency?
Purchase this Solution
Why vapor pressure of a compound is important in remediation is determined.
1.Why is the vapor pressure of a compound important in remediation
The vapor pressure of a compound effectively determines the volatility of that contaminant and how easily that pollutant will enter the vapour phase. This makes it easier to determine what type of remediation strategy would be most efficient. If you have a compound with a high vapor pressure, then it if very volatile and can easily be remediated with methods such as soil vapor extraction or those that rely on the contaminant being in the gaseous phase.
2.briefly discuss the obstacles or threats associated with establishing clean up objectives
Clean up objectives are difficult to establish because if it difficult to determine how effective your remediation is going to be. Oftentimes, it is hard to predict how well remediation is going to clean the environment and to what concentrations because of variability between sites. Site specific hydrogeology, water table levels, and medium types can easily change how a remediation technology is going to react. Also, it is very difficult to have clean up objectives that are very conservative and preservative of the environment. There is no miracle solution ...
Purchase this Solution
Free BrainMass Quizzes
This quiz will test your knowledge of basic energy related questions. It will improve your knowledge on units of measurement .
Brief query of points of interest in the world. For example, choosing the largest body of water from 3 choices.
Basic introduction to terms related to the structure of the Earth, including definitions and application of knowledge. This quiz focuses on the spheres.
Assessment of basic vocabulary terms related to geography and resources in the United States and Canda.
The quiz tests some basic US environmental laws and policies.