I need a different view on the movie, Boys Don't Cry, in answer the following:
1. In the movies Boys Don't Cry, most of the action takes place in Nebraska. Do you believe that most of middle-America would have a problem with transgender folks? If so why or why not.
2. It is clear that educational status and socio-economic class are used a elements to portray "ignorance" in the movie. Do educational status and socio-economic class have an impact on the "every-day American's" perspective on issues of gender and gender identity?
3. How do law enforcement officials deal with issues of gender and confidentiality as it relates to Brandon Teena?
4. In your opinion was the rape and murder of Brandon motivated solely because she was perceived to be a lesbian by her murderers? If not, what other motivation(s) would you identify?
1. In the movie, Boys Don't Cry, I believe that it is highly symbolic of the plot that most of the action takes place in the setting of Nebraska. Since it is deemed the "Corn Husker State," we can certainly deduce how important it is to contrast traditional American values with issues of transgender.
Because the setting is also so indicative of close-minded, "Bible Belt mentality" of that region, I feel like it is highly significant to show how oppressed and background this region is overall toward issues of sexual orientation. What do you see?
Similarly, I do strongly believe that most of middle-America does have a problem with transgender folks, especially ...
Boys Don't Cry, The Movie, is explicated briefly.
I rented the movie the Outsiders and I can't figure out any of these answers for my presentation. I don't need a presentation I just need notes.
During your meeting, prepare a presentation, which will include a description of the film, a description of the main characters, a description of the adolescent developmental tasks portrayed, and a description of the examples of theories of adolescent cognitive, physical, and psychosocial development.
Include implications for human services workers' roles in promoting healthy growth and development of adolescents and their families.
Appropriate clips from the film are highly recommended for incorporation into your presentation.View Full Posting Details