Consolidate all the sections of the Currency Conversion development documentation: requirements, design, and testing.
This application, similar to simple, practical programs on many travel or financial Web sites, includes the following elements:
- Complete requirements analysis
- Validation and test documentation
The Currency Conversion application is a menu-driven program that allows users to select one of five international currency types, input the amount of a foreign currency, and then convert the foreign currency to dollars. The program displays the equivalent dollar amount and returns the user to the menu until he or she enters another conversion or quits the program.
International currency type (menu selection)
- Canadian dollars (rate: 1 U.S. dollar = 1.4680 Canadian dollars)
- Mexican pesos (rate: 1 U.S. dollar = 9.5085 pesos)
- English pounds (rate: 1.6433 U.S. dollars = 1 pound)
- Japanese yen (rate: 1 U.S. dollar = 104.9200 yen)
- French francs (rate: 1 U.S. dollar = 6.2561 francs
This solution acts as a guide which introduces to the student how to write the currency conversion application. Included is a completed solution in a Word document and in a zip. file.