1. Discuss wired and wireless media along with the advantages and disadvantages of each.
2. Do an Internet search using the keywords "structured wiring protocol" and you will find many sites devoted to this subject. Select one and summarize your findings. Explain how you think sites such as these might be used within your own organization.
3. Discuss the channel signaling systems used in voice communication along with the advantages and disadvantages of each.
4. Discuss the voice processing systems for businesses along with the advantages and disadvantages of each.
1. Wired media provides a guided link between one fixed terminal to another. The link conducts electric signal related to the transmission of information. Wireless media transmits signals without wires and over the wire. The main advantage of wired media is higher speed, better security and enhanced reliability as compared to wireless networks. However, it can be very costly to implement a wired network. Wireless media, on the other hand, supports mobility. The capacity can be easily increased in the case of wired media as compared to wireless media. Wireless media can also be cost effective to implement as compared to wired media. However, wireless media is subject to environmental interference as well as less secure and prone to security treats.
2. The site selected for this assignment is: http://www.kandwaudio.com/p/67_ResiNet_
The site explains the ...
Discuss wired and wireless media along with the advantages and disadvantages of each.