Need assistance with the attached problem.
Discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the SOA/Web services approaches for an IT operating environment.
Include a 2 page description of integrated web services.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 1, 2020, 9:02 pm ad1c9bdddf
Service Oriented Architecture and Web Services.
In a 3 to 5 page paper, discuss the benefits and drawbacks of the SOA/Web services approaches for an IT operating environment.
Include a 2 page description of integrated web services.
Benefits of SOA/Web services
• Interoperability achieved through XML-based open standards
• Cost effective
• Implementation independent
• Flexible, extensible and scalable
Drawbacks of SOA/Web services
• Concerns regarding security issues with web services.
• Issues regarding the ability of web services to handle long lived transactions .
• Organizations need to analyze their design techniques and development methodology before moving to SOA.
SOA is an architectural style for building software applications that use services available in a network such as the web. It promotes loose coupling between software components so that they can be reused. Applications in SOA are built based on services . A Web Service is a modular application that is self-describing, and ...
This solution explains briefly the advantages and disadvantages of Service Oriented Architecture. It also includes a brief description of integrated web services.