1. Explain the use of web standards. Why are they important when designing and developing websites? List three examples of these standards and how they are used.
2. What are web applications and how are they used? Provide two examples of web applications.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 3:18 am ad1c9bdddf
1. Web standards are the technical specifications created by organized bodies that define the different aspects of the World Wide Web. Web standards were created by organizations such as the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and International Organization for Standardization (ISO). These web standards are used to provide the best practices for designing web sites, and web development. These standards also ensure that web pages and websites can be accessible and usable by different users around the world, regardless of what country they are in. Three examples of web standards are HTML 4.0, XML 1.0 and CSS standards. HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) is one of the earliest and widely used languages for developing web pages. An HTML web ...
In about 500 words, this solution provides a detailed discussion on the subject of developing websites and the topic of web applications. Examples of both web standards for websites and web applications are provided.
Application of EPA Standards to Oil Spill Case: Analyze an article from Environmental Protection Agency's web site
Log into the Environmental Protection Agency's web site (http://www.epa.gov/). Access their newsroom area and select an article of interest to you where there has been a violation of compliance or the law. Answer the following questions:
1. Summarize the article (violation).
2. What do you think the organization in violation could have done differently?
3. What impact does the violation have on the surrounding community?
Please remember to cite your sources in APA format at the bottom of your essay.View Full Posting Details