You have been hired as a security consultant to secure the network of a Fortune 500 company.
1. Describe the purpose of a risk assessment , risk scope and identify critical areas for an assessment..
2. Select risk assessment methodology and give your rationale behind the one you chose.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com March 5, 2021, 1:29 am ad1c9bdddf
The purpose of a risk assessment is to ensure the safety and health of workers, and to enable the employer to take the measures necessary for the safety and health protection of workers. The measures include: the prevention of occupational risks; provide information to workers; provide training to workers; and provide organization and means to implement the necessary measures.
The risk assessment should be structured and applied to help employers to
1. Identify the hazards that is created at work
2. Evaluate risks associated with hazards
3. Determine what measures to protect health and safety of employees
4. Evaluate risks to make informed selection of work equipment, chemical substances or preparation used and the organization of work.
5. Ensure that the preventive measures and the working and production methods are necessary.
The critical areas for a risk assessment are the scope, data collection, ...
The risk scope provides the risk assessment analyst of what is covered and what is not covered in the assessment. The scope identifies what needs to be protected, sensitivity of what is being protected and what level and detail it is. The scope identify what systems and applications are included in assessment.