Solve: Distance, Velocity, Density and Volume
This content was COPIED from BrainMass.com - View the original, and get the already-completed solution here!
1. If the sun which is 93,000,000 miles away away from Earth was to go out, how long would it take for us to know that this had happened? Light travels at a speed of 3 x 10^8 meters/second.
2. What would the density be (in g/cm^3) of a block that is 4 cm by 15 cm by 12 cm, and has a mass of 4.3 kg?
3. An object has a density of 8.96 g/cm^3. It has a mass of 405 grams. What is its volume?
4. An object has a density of 3.75 g/cm^3. It has a volume of 9.3 liters. What is its mass?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com May 24, 2023, 1:15 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. To solve this problem we must convert the distance from miles to meters or kilometers.
We know 5 miles = 8 Km ===> 1 mile = 8/5 Km = 1.6Km
Thus the distance from earth to sun is,
D = 93,000,000 * 1.6 Km = 93,000,000 * 1.6 * 1000 meters
= 93 * 10^6 * 1.6 * 10^3 = 148.8 * 10^9 meters
Suppose, the last light pule from the sun leaves it at t=0 and that pulse will be our last detected light from the sun. The pulse travels ...
In just under 350 words, this solution explains each step of these physics-based problems, calculating various variables, and provides the full calculations. This response is straight-forward and is easy to interpret, for anyone who has a basic understanding of this subject material.