1. If the sun which is 93,000,000 miles away away from Earth was to go out, how long would it take for us to know that this had happened? Light travels at a speed of 3 x 10^8 meters/second.
2. What would the density be (in g/cm^3) of a block that is 4 cm by 15 cm by 12 cm, and has a mass of 4.3 kg?
3. An object has a density of 8.96 g/cm^3. It has a mass of 405 grams. What is its volume?
4. An object has a density of 3.75 g/cm^3. It has a volume of 9.3 liters. What is its mass?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com February 24, 2021, 2:20 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. To solve this problem we must convert the distance from miles to meters or kilometers.
We know 5 miles = 8 Km ===> 1 mile = 8/5 Km = 1.6Km
Thus the distance from earth to sun is,
D = 93,000,000 * 1.6 Km = 93,000,000 * 1.6 * 1000 meters
= 93 * 10^6 * 1.6 * 10^3 = 148.8 * 10^9 meters
Suppose, the last light pule from the sun leaves it at t=0 and that pulse will be our last detected light from the sun. The pulse travels ...
In just under 350 words, this solution explains each step of these physics-based problems, calculating various variables, and provides the full calculations. This response is straight-forward and is easy to interpret, for anyone who has a basic understanding of this subject material.