7. Nickel replaces silver from silver nitrate in solution according to the following equation:
2AgNO3 + Ni (arrow) 2Ag +Ni(NO3)2
a. If you have 22.9 g of Ni and 112 f of AgNO3, which reactant is in excess?
b. What mass of nickel(II) nitrate would be produced given the quantities above?
15. Sulfur dioxide can be produced in the laboratory by the reaction of hydrochloric acid and a sulfite salt such as sodium sulfite.
Na2SO3 +2HCl (arrow) 2NaCl + SO2 +H2O
What mass of SO2 can be made from 25.0 g of Na2SO3 and 22.0 g of HCl?
7. 2AgNO3 + Ni -> 2Ag +Ni(NO3)2
According to this reaction: 2 moles of AgNO3 will react with 1 mole of Ni. You need the molecular weights of them:
Molecular weight AgNO3 = 108+14+3*16=170(g/mol)
Molecular weight Ni = 59 (g/mol)
Now calculate the number of moles of these reactants:
Number of mole of Ni ...
The solution provides very detailed calculations and explanations for the problem.
Assorted General Chemistry Problems
1) List the following gases in order of increasing root-mean-square speed, all at the same temperature: H2, He, O2, Ne
2) Under what conditions of pressure and temperature is a real gas most expected to deviate from ideal gas behaviour?
3) What intermolecular interactions would be the strongest between molecules CH2Cl2?
4) List the following substances in order of increasing boiling point: H2O, H2S, H2Se, H2Te.
5) List the following compounds in order of increasing vapour pressure at 298K: pentane (C5H10), ethanol (C2H5OH), water (H2O)
6) Give one example of a molecular solid.
7) The Henry's Law constant for CO2 is 3.1X10^-2 molL^-1 atm^-1 at 298K. What is the concentration of dissolved CO2 in water exposed to an atmosphere of pure CO2 at 2.0atm? Report your answer to two significant figures.
8) What is the molarity of a solution prepared by dissolving 6.21g of glucose (C6H12O6) in 1.50L of water. Report your answer to the correct number of significant figures.
9) List the following solutions in order of increasing freezing points: 0.1 m NaCl(aq), 0.1 m MgCl2(aq), 0.1 m glucose.
10) Define internal energy and enthalpy. What is the difference between the two?View Full Posting Details