CO is oxidized to CO2 based on the equation 2CO(g)+O2(g)=2CO2(g). If 2 Liters of CO(g) are mixed with 2 liters of O2(g) what is the total volume of gas after the reaction has gone to completion with no change in temperature or total pressure.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 7:58 pm ad1c9bdddf
2 lires of CO2 will combine with one liter of O2 to make 2 liters of ...
Solution briefly explains the calculations it performs to find the total volume of gas after a given reaction.
Elements of Crystallizes in Body-Centered Cubic Lattice
5. An element crystallizes in a body-centered cubic lattice. The edge of the unit cell is 2.98 , and the density of the crystal is 8.99 . Calculate the atomic weight of the element.
9. Calculate the minimum number of grams of propane, , that must be combusted to provide the energy necessary to convert 5.70 of ice at -18.0 to liquid water at 71.5 .
21. The vapor pressure of a volatile liquid can be determined by slowly bubbling a known volume of gas through it at a known temperature and pressure. In an experiment, 4.08 of gas is passed through 7.4972 of liquid benzene, , at 27.1 and atmospheric pressure. The liquid remaining after the experiment weighs 5.9261 . Assuming that the gas becomes saturated with benzene vapor and that the total gas volume and temperature remain constant, what is the vapor pressure of the benzene in torr?
7. The activation energy of an uncatalyzed reaction is 91 . The addition of a catalyst lowers the activation energy to 52
A. Assuming that the collision factor remains the same, by what factor will the catalyst increase the rate of the reaction at 34 ?
B. Assuming that the collision factor remains the same, by what factor will the catalyst increase the rate of the reaction at 112 ?
12. Calculate the fraction of atoms in a sample of argon gas at 337 that have an energy of 12.3 or greater.
25. The decomposition of H2O2, H2O2 (aq) H2O (l) + ½ O2 (g), is a first-order reaction. At a particular temperature near room temperature, the rate constant equals 7.0×10−4 . Calculate the half-life at this temperature.
34. At 415 , decomposes in the gas phase, . If the reaction is first order with a half-life of 56.3 at this temperature, calculate the rate constant in .
11. A solution is electrolyzed, using a current of 8.00 .
A. What mass of is plated out after 3.00 days?
B. What amperage is required to plate out 0.230 from a solution in a period of 7.30 ?
23. How many coulombs are required to plate a layer of chromium metal 0.29 thick on an auto bumper with a total area of 0.30 from a solution containing ? The density of chromium metal is 7.20 .
28. What current flow is required for this electroplating if the bumper is to be plated in 14.2 ?
32. If the external source has an emf of 6.6 and the electrolytic cell is 69 efficient, how much electrical power is expended to electroplate the bumper?View Full Posting Details