1. What is the balanced chemical equation of CuSO₄and NaS?
2. Which of the following contains an excess of CuSO₄, or NaS, or neither? (excluding Test tubes 1 and 7)
Test tube 1: 6 mL CuSO₄ and 0 mL NaS
Test tube 2: 5 mL CuSO₄ and 1 mL NaS
Test tube 3: 4 mL CuSO₄ and 2 mL NaS
Test tube 4: 3 mL CuSO₄ and 3 mL NaS
Test tube 5: 2 mL CuSO₄ and 4 mL NaS
Test tube 6: 1 mL CuSO₄ and 5 mL NaS
Test tube 7: 0 mL CuSO₄ and 6 mL NaS
test solutions used: 6M NH3(20mL) and 0.4 ZnSO4
3. Which has the largest amount of precipitate?
a) What was the ratio of CuSO₄and NaS used?
4. What is chemical formula for copper (II) sulfide?
5. Explain how excess reagents and the amount of precipitate is formed?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 21, 2018, 1:44 pm ad1c9bdddf
This solution describes how to find the limiting and excess reagent in the reaction between copper (II) sulfate and sodium sulfide. In addition to this, the solution describes how to find the amount of precipitate formed based on the amount of reagents used.