1) Write equations to show how the following equations could be accomplished:
A) cyclohexene to Cyclohexane
B) 2-Methylbutene to 3,3,4,4-tetramethylhexane
2) Given: CH2CH3 + CL2 -----> product
A) The structure for the major product from the reactions is:
B) Write equations to clearly show the expected mechanism for the reaction. Clearly label all steps of the mechanism.
3) Which of the following would be expected to be the most stable carcocation. Using good scientific terminology with the aid of structures/equations, clearly explain your answer.
4) How many distinct dichlorination products can result when isobutene is subjected to free radical chlorination?
1) A) Cyclohexene + H2/Ni ---> Cyclohexane
B) 2-methylbutene + 2-Iodo-2-methylbutane ----> 2-Iodo-3,3,4,4-tetramethylhexane
2-Iodo-3,3,4,4-tetramethylhexane + NaH ---> 3,3,4,4-tetramethylhexane + NaI
2) A) ...
The solution provides clear answers to the range of questions provided and includes explanations of how to get them.