• How many possible trisubstituted derivatives C6H3X2Y can be btained from the meta disubstituted benzene C6H4X2? (Ignore directive effects of the substituents X and assume that all positions on the ring are accessible to the reagent Y+).
1. One 2. Two 3. Three 4. four
• In assigning priorities according to R,S convention, which group ranks highest?
• Which of the following compounds reacts with cyclopentanone to yield and amine?
• In a strongly acidic solution the amino acid lysine exists as the dication:
As the pH is raised what monocation is formed from the loss of the proton from the dication?
1. H2N(CH2)4CHC OH
"3" is a one-step reaction. It proceeds via an SN2 reaction.
"2" is the strongest. The F group is ...
Priorities of R, S conventions are examined.