1.) Do all ionic compounds dissolve in water, Do all covalent compounds dissolve in water? answer should be 50 to 100 words.
2.) Do the physical properties of water change when a compound is dissolved in water? If so, which properties change and why?
3.) Do all chemical compounds undergo each type of chemical reaction,i.e. synthesis, decomposition, metathesis-precipitation, metathesis-neutralization, redox-single displacement, redox-combustion and can this information be useful to a criminal investigation?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 25, 2018, 3:12 am ad1c9bdddf
- All ionic compounds dissolve in water. One property of any ionic compound is that it is soluble in polar solvents because ionic compounds are polar. Water is a polar solvent that ionizes when an ionic compound is added to it, or causes ionic compounds to break down into ions. This is the reason why ionic compounds are soluble in water. For covalent compounds, mostly, if not all, are ...
This posting contains the solution to the given problems.
Semiannual Compounding on Bond, Coupon Bond, Rate, Interest, Yield, change
See attached file.
Use semiannual compounding on all bond problems unless otherwise indicated.
1. Determine the price of a $1,000 6% coupon rate bond that pays interest semiannually and has 5 years before maturity when similar securities have yields of 5%.
2. How much money will you be willing to pay for a 3 year $1,000 4% coupon bond that pays interest semiannually when similar securities have yields of 6%?
3. What is the current yield of the bond in question #2?
4. Would you pay 970 for a $1,000 deep discount bond that has 7 years remaining before maturity when similar securities had yields of 6%? Use semiannual compounding of interest rates. Use a coupon rate of 5%
5. What is the yield to maturity on a $1,000 5% coupon bond that pays interest semiannually, has 3 years before maturity and is currently trading at 96?
6. What is the coupon yield on the bond in question #5? What is the current yield on the bond in question #5?
7. If the yield to maturity on a bond decreases, will the price of the bond change? If yes, how will the price of a bond change.
8. List at least three factors that can cause interest rates to change.View Full Posting Details