1. On the basis of electronegativity, list the following in order of increasing bond polarity: H-F, H-Cl, H-Br, H-I.
2. Draw the lewis structure and indicate the direction of the bond dipole for C-F and Si-S.
3. Which of the following species is smaller: I or I-? why?
4. What simple ion is formed from the element with Z=89?
5. On the basis of electron configurations, predict the formula of the Type I ionic compound formed from the elements Z=49 and Z=51.
6. What is(are) the noble gas(es) that has (have) the same electron configuration as each of the ions in the compound formed from Z=31 and Z=16
7. Why are the valence electrons of an atom the only electrons likely to be involved in bonding to other atoms.
8. Draw the Lewis structure for the compound formed from elements Z=6 and Z=16.
9. Draw the Lewis structure for the following compound: GeBr4.
10. Draw the Lewis structure for the PO4-3 ion, indicating any resonance forms.
11. Draw the Lewis structure for the hydrogen sulfate ion, indicating any resonance forms.
12. Using VSEPR theory, predict the molecular structure of PbCl4 and H2Te.© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com July 17, 2018, 3:39 pm ad1c9bdddf
The solution provides detailed explanations for various atomic theory and bonding related questions. Diagrams and formulas are also included.