1. Is the mayonnaise water soluble?
2. While making rice, a housewife adds too much salt to a pot containing rice and water and then brings the pot to a boil. Immediately realizing her mistake she decides to add more water to the pot believing this will remedy the mistake. What do you think? Will her mistake be rectified by adding more water? (hint: when making rice some of the water added is absorbed by the rice, hence becoming fluffy, the remainder is evaporated).© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 24, 2018, 8:28 pm ad1c9bdddf
1. No, it is not, because mayonnaise is made with oil which is immiscible with water.
2. No, it will not ...
Brief answer to the solubility and imiscibility of substances in water is provided in the solution.
Heart Healthy Diets
1. Typically, heart-healthy diets mention meals of fish and vegetables, cooked with little, if any, olive oil or vegetable oil. However, most of us lead fast paced lives and look for items that are convenient and fast. What snacks or quick, simple meals are heart-healthy but also convenient? Why?
2. As it relates to the four major diseases, (Diabetes, Heart disease, Osteoporosis and Cancer), how does one's food pattern, over time, contribute to the development of these diseases? How early should one be concerned with preventing the above diseases? Infancy? Childhood?View Full Posting Details