1. Energy is ____ when an n = 4 to n = 2 transition occurs when an electron adds to the H+ ion and ends up in the n = 3 shell.
a) destroyed, created
b) emitted, created
c) absorbed, emitted
d) emitted, absorbed
e) emitted, emitted
2. Calculate delta(E) if 1 = 1.40 kJ and w = -658 J.
a) -657 kJ
b) 0.742 kJ
c) 1.4 kJ
d) 2.06 kJ
e) -657 J
3. Arrange the following kinds of electromagnetic radiation in order of increasing wavelength: infrared, green light, red light, radio waves, X-rays, ultraviolet light
4. The photoelectric effect is ________.
5. What is the only possible value of m1 for an electron in an s orbital?© BrainMass Inc. brainmass.com October 9, 2019, 10:56 pm ad1c9bdddf
Please see the attached file for the complete solution.
Thanks for using BrainMass.
1) When an electron goes from a high energy (n=4) to a low energy state (n=2), energy is released.
When an electron is added to a proton, it stabilizes the charges ...
This solution details the following:
1) Energy changes in electron transitions
2) Energy of a system based on work and heat
3) Wavelengths of different types of light
4) Photoelectric effect
5) Possible quantum numbers