2- What is the name of the following organic compound? CH 3 CH 2 CH 2 CH 2 CH 2 CH 2 CH 2 CH 3 Spell out the name of the compound.
3- What is the name of the following organic compound? CH 3 CH 2 CCCH 2 CH 2 CH 3 Spell out the name of the compound.
4- What is the chemical formula of 4-nonene? Express your answer as a chemical formula.
5- Name each alkene.
a- CH 2 =CH−CH 2 −CH 2 −CH 3 Spell out the full name of the compound.
b- CH 3 − C | C H 3 H− C | C H 3 = CH−CH 3 Spell out the full name of the compound.
Thank you for asking BrainMass! Please find solutions in the attached document.
All the best with your chemistry course.
Organic Chemistry Part IV
1- Draw a structure for each alkane.
To draw, begin with the longest chain (pentane). Add in two methyl groups on the second carbon of the pentane chain to complete the molecule.
CH3 - C - CH2- CH2- CH3
The drawing structures for alkanes are discussed. The chemical formulas of 4-nonene is provided.
Introductory Organic Chemistry: Formulas and Naming
1. Write structural formulas for the following compounds:
2. Write expanded formulas for the following compounds, and name them, using the IUPAC system:
3. What is the molecular formula for the alkane with 39 carbon atoms? What is the molecular formula for the cycloalkane with 38 carbon atoms?
4. Write the structural formula for all the possible isomers (the number is indicated in parentheses) for each of the following compounds, and name each isomer by the IUPAC system.
a. C4H9Cl (4)
b. C4H8Br2 (9)
5. Draw all possible staggered and eclipsed conformations of 1-bromopropane (looking end-on at the bond between carbon-1 and carbon-2). Underneath each, draw the corresponding "dash-wedge" and "sawhorse" structures. Rank the structures in order of decreasing stability.
6. Draw the formula for the preferred chair conformation of:
7. Which of the following two isomers in each case will be more stable? Explain your answer by drawing conformational structures for each compound.
a. cis-1,3-dichlorocyclohexane or trans-1,3-dichlorocyclohexane
b. cis-1,2-dibromocyclohexane or trans-1,2-dibromocyclohexane
8. Explain the difference between structural isomerism and conformational isomerism. Give examples.
9. Draw structural formulas for all possible products of the dichlorination of cyclohexane. Include cis-trans isomers.View Full Posting Details